This is the maintenance schedule and associated service intervals for the 2010-2011 Honda Interstate.
This maintenance schedule applies to the following models:
- 2010-2011 Honda Interstate
The Honda Interstate is a touring bike that comes with many touring features, that includes floorboards, leather-clad saddlebags, and a custom windscreen. The motorcycle is powered by a liquid-cooled, 52° V-twin, SOHC engine with a displacement of 1312cc. The engine features a single-pin crankshaft and dual balancers and rewards you with plenty of torque. The unit delivers average fuel consumption of 46 MPG and is fed by a 4.4 Gallons fuel tank.
This page contains affiliate links.
2010-2011 Honda Interstate Maintenance Schedule
Below is the maintenance schedule for the 2010-2011 Honda Interstate.
The maintenance for the 2010-2011 Honda Interstate is broken into two sections: Emission-Related Items and Non-Emission-Related Items.
Periodic Maintenance Chart
|Items||x 1000 mi||0.6||4||8||12||16||20||24|
|Emission-Related Items||x 100 km||10||64||128||192||256||320||384|
|Engine Oil||INITIAL= 600 mi (1,000 km) or 1 month: R|
REGULAR= EVERY 8,000 mi (12,800 km) or 12 months: R
|Engine Oil Filter||R||R||R||R|
|*||Engine Idle Speed||I||I||I||I||I||I||I|
|*||Secondary Air Supply System||I||I||I|
|*||Evaporative Emission Control System||4||I||I|
|Final Drive Oil||I||I||R|
|Brake Pads Wear||I||I||I||I||I||I|
|*||Brake Light Switch||I||I||I|
|*||Nuts, Bolts, Fasteners||I||I||I||I|
|**||Steering Head Bearings||I||I||I||I|
- *Should be serviced by your Honda dealer, unless you have the proper tools and service data and are mechanically qualified. Refer to the official Honda Service Manual.
- **In the interest of safety, we recommend these items be serviced only by your Honda dealer.
- I: inspect and clean, adjust, lubricate, or replace, if necessary
- C: clean
- A: adjust
- L: lubricate
- R: replace
- 1. At higher odometer readings, repeat at the frequency interval established here
- 2. Service more frequently if the motorcycle is ridden in unusually wet or dusty areas
- 3. Service more frequently if the motorcycle is ridden often at full throttle or in the rain.
- 4. California type only.
- 5. Replace every 2 years, or at indicated odometer interval, whichever comes first. Replacement requires mechanical skill.
Tyre size and tyre pressure for the 2010-2011 Honda Interstate
The 2010-2011 Honda Interstate has the following tyres and tyre sizes standard:
- Front: 140/80 17M/C 69H
- Rear: 170/80 15M/C 77H
Tire type: bias-ply, tubeless
- DUNLOP ELITE3
- BRIDGESTONE L309 F
- DUNLOP ELITE3
- BRIDGESTONE G702 F
The manual for the 2010-2011 Honda Interstate recommends the following tyre pressures (when cold):
- 29 psi (200 kPa , 2.00 kgf/cm )
- 33 psi (225 kPa , 2.25 kgf/cm ) – with less than 200 lb (90 kg) of added weight
- 36 psi (250 kPa , 2.50 kgf/cm ) – with more than 200 lb (90 kg) of added weight
About the 2010-2011 Honda Interstate
Featuring long, low lines that embody all the characteristics of a cruiser bike, the Honda Interstate blends two worlds of motorcycling style: traditional looks plus progressive elements. The deeply balanced fenders arc downward in classic retro style, yet the all-new rolling chassis and overall lines bring a fresh look to the class.
The 1312-cc, V-twin, four-stroke engine gives this bike a deep, powerful voice and presence, but supplies moderate power, topping out at 74 horsepower at 5000 rpm and generating 91 lb-ft of torque at 3500 rpm. Third gear is the best passing gear at 55 miles per hour, while at speeds above 60 miles per hour; fourth gear provides the optimal horsepower.
The Honda Interstate offers a smooth yet powerful ride while remaining frugal with gas expenditure. The motorcycle is mechanically solid and highly reliable also, making it well adapted to regular driving. The seat is somewhat different from other motorcycles, requiring some mental flexibility to grow accustomed to, but is very comfortable for both short and long haul riding.
The motorcycle’s speed is kept in leash by a set of front and rear disc brakes, and there is also available an optional Anti-lock braking system. The Interstate will get you there in style and comfort, thanks to spacious saddlebags, full-size floorboards, and a large, custom windscreen.
Manual for the 2010-2011 Honda Interstate
The above maintenance schedule comes directly from the user’s manual for the 2010-2011 Honda Interstate.
You can download it from here.