This is the maintenance schedule and associated service intervals for the 2010-2011 Honda Shadow RS.
This maintenance schedule applies to the following models:
- 2010-2011 Honda Shadow RS
- Honda VT750
The Honda Shadow RS is a cruiser motorcycle intended for on-road riding. Agile and responsive, this V-twin roadster has crisp, uncluttered lines and standard-style riding ergonomics that deliver comfort and cool. The Shadow RS’s liquid-cooled, 745cc V-twin produces impressive, perfect-for-cruising-or-commuting power across the entire rpm range, while its long-stroke crankshaft design helps create a brawny V-twin pulse and low-rpm torque.
This page contains affiliate links.
2010-2011 Honda Shadow RS Maintenance Schedule
Below is the maintenance schedule for the 2010-2011 Honda Shadow RS.
The maintenance for the 2010-2011 Honda Shadow RS is broken into two sections: Emission-Related Items and Non-Emission-Related Items.
Periodic Maintenance Chart
|Items||x 1000 mi||0.6||4||8||12||16||20||24|
|Emission-Related Items||NOTE||x 1000 km||1||6.4||12.8||19.2||25.6||32||38.4|
|Engine Oil||INITIAL = 600 mi (1,000 km) or 1 month: R REGULAR = EVERY 8,000 mi (12,800 km) or 12 months: R|
|Engine Oil Filter||R||R||R||R|
|*||Engine Idle Speed||I||I||I||I||I||I||I|
|*||Secondary Air Supply System||I||I||I|
|*||Evaporative Emission Control System||5||I||I|
|Drive Chain||EVERY 500 mi (800 km) I L|
|Brake Shoe/Pad Wear||I||I||I||I||I||I|
|*||Brake Light Switch||I||I||I|
|*||Nuts, Bolts, Fasteners||I||I||I||I|
|**||Steering Head Bearings||I||I||I||I|
Each item on the maintenance schedule requires some mechanical knowledge. Certain Items (particularly those marked * and **) may require more technical information and tools. Consult your Honda dealer.
- * Should be serviced by your Honda dealer, unless you have the proper tools and service data and are mechanically qualified. Refer to the official Honda Service Manual.
- ** In the interest of safety, we recommend these items be serviced only by your Honda dealer.
- I: inspect and clean, adjust, lubricate, or replace, if necessary
- C: clean
- A: adjust
- L: lubricate
- R: replace
- 1. At higher odometer readings, repeat at the frequency interval established here
- 2. Service more frequently if the motorcycle is ridden in unusually wet or dusty areas
- 3. Service more frequently if the motorcycle is ridden often at full throttle or in the rain.
- 4. Replace every 2 years, or at indicated odometer interval, whichever comes first. Replacement requires mechanical skill. Refer to the official Honda service manual
- 5. California type only.
Tyre size and tyre pressure for the 2010-2011 Honda Shadow RS
The 2010-2011 Honda Shadow RS has the following tyres and tyre sizes standard:
- Front: 100/90 19M/C 57H
- Rear: 150/80B16M/C 71H
Tire type: bias-ply, tube
- DUNLOP D404F
- METZELER ME 880 Marathon
- DUNLOP D404 G
- METZELER ME 880 Marathon
The manual for the 2010-2011 Honda Shadow RS recommends the following tyre pressures (when cold):
- 29 psi (200 kPa, 2.00 kgf/cm2)
- 29 psi (200 kPa, 2.00 kgf/cm2) with less than 200 Ibs (90 kg) of added weight
- 36 psi (250 kPa , 2.50 kgf/cm2 ) with more than 200 Ibs (90 kg) of added weight
About the 2010-2011 Honda Shadow RS
The Honda Shadow® RS serves as rolling proof that classic ideas never go out of style. By combining agile and responsive handling, V-twin power, clean, crisp lines, and standard-style riding ergonomics.
The Shadow RS’s higher footpegs enhance ground clearance, and its thoroughly modern liquid-cooled 745cc V-twin engine boasts Honda’s sophisticated Programmed Fuel Injection to enhance your riding pleasure.
Higher pegs, more upright bars, and a plush, low, but slightly flatter saddle add up to cruiser comfort with a sporty feel. Which, when you think about it, is exactly how it should be with a machine this versatile.
Sturdy 41mm front fork features a large-diameter billet-aluminum triple-clamp for a distinctive look plus confident, neutral handling and a plush 117 mm (4.6 in.) of wheel travel.
Classic roadster tank shape and seat are inspired by the world of flat-track racing. Brilliant 60-/55-watt halogen headlight. Large custom-styled taillight and attractive retro-styled turn indicators.
Manual for the 2010-2011 Honda Shadow RS
The above maintenance schedule comes directly from the user’s manual for the 2010-2011 Honda Shadow RS.