This is the maintenance schedule and associated service intervals for the 2012-2013 Honda Sabre.
This maintenance schedule applies to the following models:
- 2012-2013 Honda Sabre
The Honda Sabre is a cruiser motorcycle intended for on-road riding. It was built to draw attention, so it comes with a stylish design language that combines the sleek lines of a custom-bike with the imposing stance of a dragster. It features a relaxed riding position, clean lines, minimalist fenders, and a 21-inch front tire. Blending Pro Street styling with the benefits of a fuel-injected 1312cc, 52º V-twin engine.
This page contains affiliate links.
2012-2013 Honda Sabre Maintenance Schedule
Below is the maintenance schedule for the 2012-2013 Honda Sabre.
The maintenance for the 2012-2013 Honda Sabre is broken into two sections: Emission-Related Items and Non-Emission-Related Items.
Periodic Maintenance Chart
|Items||x 1000 mi||0.6||4||8||12||16||20||24|
|Emission-Related Items||x 1000 km||1||6.4||12.8||19.2||25.6||32||38.4|
|Engine Oil||Initial = 600 mi (1,000 km) or 1 month: R|
Regular = Every 8,000 mi (12,800 km) or 12 months: R
|Engine Oil Filter||R||R||R||R|
|Engine Idle Speed||X||I||I||I||I||I||I||I|
|Secondary Air Supply System||X||I||I||I|
|Evaporative Emission Control System*4||X||I||I|
|Final Drive Oil||I||I||R|
|Brake Pads Wear||I||I||I||I||I||I|
|Brake Light Switch||X||I||I||I|
|Nuts, Bolts, Fasteners||X||I||I||I||I|
|Steering Head Bearings||XX||I||I||I||I|
- X: Intermediate. We recommend service by your Honda dealer, unless you have the necessary tools and are mechanically skilled. Procedures are provided in an official Honda Service Manual
- XX: Technical. In the interest of safety, have your motorcycle serviced by your dealer.
- I: Inspect and clean, adjust, lubricate, or replace, if necessary
- R: Replace
- C: Clean
- *1: At higher odometer readings, repeat at the frequency interval established here.
- *2: Service more frequently if the motorcycle is ridden in unusually wet or dusty areas.
- *3: Service more frequently when riding in the rain or at full throttle
- *4: 50 STATE (meets California).
- *5: Replace every 2 years, or at indicated odometer interval, whichever comes first. Replacement requires mechanical skill.
Tyre size and tyre pressure for the 2012-2013 Honda Sabre
The 2012-2013 Honda Sabre has the following tyres and tyre sizes standard:
- Front: 90/90-21M/C 54H
- Rear: 170/80-15M/C 77H
Tire type: bias-ply, tubeless
- DUNLOP ELITE3 G
- BRIDGESTONE G701 F
- DUNLOP ELITE3
- BRIDGESTONE G702 F
The manual for the 2012-2013 Honda Sabre recommends the following tyre pressures (when cold):
- 33 psi (225 kPa , 2.25 kgf/cm )
- [With less than 200 lb (90 kg) of added weight] 33 psi (225 kPa, 2.25 kgf/cm2)
- [With more than 200 lb (90 kg) of added weight] 36 psi (250 kPa, 2.50 kgf/cm2)
About the 2012-2013 Honda Sabre
With every year that passes Honda’s models become better and better and the Sabre makes no exception. Featuring a head-turning style, and propelled by a strong 1312 cc, 52º V-twin engine, the new Honda Sabre has all it needs to make you fall in love at the first sight.
The engine’s power is kept on a leash by a capable five-speed transmission which helps you get average fuel consumption of 46 mpg. The bike’s speed is kept under control by a set of powerful, front and rear disc brakes and there is also available Honda’s Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) as an option.
The close-fitting front fender along with the bobber-style rear give the Sabre a look all its own and set it apart from other models in our 1300 cruiser lineup. Equipped with powerful disc brakes at both ends, the Sabre is also available with Honda’s Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) as an option.
Silver-finish five-spoke wheels never go out of style, are easy to keep clean, and just plain look right on a sharp, contemporary cruiser like the Sabre. The Sabre’s color-matched frame really gives this bike a finishing, custom touch.
Equipped with powerful disc brakes at both ends, the Sabre is also available with Honda’s Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) as an option. Big, fat, and bad to the bone, the Sabre’s wide, low tires do more than just look good—they are the basis for the Sabre’s excellent handling—exactly what you’d expect from a Honda cruiser.
Manual for the 2012-2013 Honda Sabre
The above maintenance schedule comes directly from the user’s manual for the 2012-2013 Honda Sabre.