This is the maintenance schedule and associated service intervals for the 2012-2017 Honda Gold Wing.
This maintenance schedule applies to the following models:
- 2012-2017 Honda Gold Wing
The Honda Gold Wing is a series of touring motorcycles manufactured by Honda. Gold Wings feature shaft drive, and a flat engine. The Gold Wing was the first Japanese production motorcycle with a water-cooled four-stroke engine. Over the course of its production history, the Gold Wing had many design changes. Beginning in 1975 with a 999 cc (61.0 cu in) flat-four engine, by 2001 this had grown to a 1,832 cc (111.8 cu in) flat-six.
This page contains affiliate links.
2012-2017 Honda Gold Wing Maintenance Schedule
Below is the maintenance schedule for the 2012-2017 Honda Gold Wing.
The maintenance for the 2012-2017 Honda Gold Wing is broken into two sections: Emission-Related Items and Non-Emission-Related Items.
Highlighted element(s) means that there are changes in this year model vs. the previous year model.
Periodic Maintenance Chart
|.||Items||x 1000 mi||4||8||12||16||20||24|
|Emission-Related Items||x 1000 km||6.4||12.8||19.2||25.6||32||38.4|
|Spark Plugs||EVERY 16,000 mi (25,600 km) R|
|*||Valve Clearance||4||EVERY 32,000 mi (51,200 km) I|
|Engine Oil Filter||R||R||R|
|*||Engine Idle Speed||I||I||I|
|*||Secondary Air Supply System||I||I||I|
|*||Evaporative Emission Control System||I||I|
|Final Drive Oil||I||I||R|
|Brake Pads Wear||I||I||I||I||I||I|
|*||Brake Light Switch||I||I||I|
|*||Nuts, Bolts, Fasteners||I||I||I|
|**||Steering Head Bearings||I||I||I|
- * Should be serviced by your Honda dealer, unless you have the proper tools and service data and are mechanically qualified. Refer to the official Honda Service Manual.
- ** In the interest of safety, we recommend these items be serviced only by your Honda dealer.
- I: inspect and clean, adjust, lubricate, or replace, if necessary
- C: clean
- A: adjust
- L: lubricate
- R: replace
- 1. At higher odometer readings, repeat at the frequency interval established here
- 2. Service more frequently if the motorcycle is ridden in unusually wet or dusty areas
- 3. Service more frequently if the motorcycle is ridden often at full throttle or in the rain
- 4. Service more frequently if noisy
- 5. Replace every 2 years, or at indicated odometer interval, whichever comes first. Replacement requires mechanical skill.
- 6. Replace at 4,000 mi (6,400 km) or 6 months, then every 8,000 mi (12,800 km) or 12 months.
Tyre size and tyre pressure for the 2012-2017 Honda Gold Wing
The 2012-2017 Honda Gold Wing has the following tyres and tyre sizes standard:
- Front: 130/70R18M/C 63H
- Rear: 180/60R16M/C 74H
Tire type: Radial, tubeless
- Front: BRIDGESTONE G709 RADIAL
- Rear: BRIDGESTONE G704 RADIAL
The manual for the 2012-2017 Honda Gold Wing recommends the following tyre pressures (when cold):
- Front: 36 psi (250 kPa, 2.50 kgf/cm2)
- Rear: 41 psi (280 kPa , 2.80 kgf/cm )
About the 2012-2017 Honda Gold Wing
The Gold Wing is a Honda motorcycle that has completely dominated the touring bike world for decades. It’s a fantastic bike for tours. Apart from the new model year’s remote adjustable preload on the rear suspension for even greater long-distance comfort, the chassis remains pretty much the same.
Remote adjustable preload on the rear suspension for even greater long-distance comfort, the chassis remains pretty much the same. The symbol of motorcycle touring is now even safer because it get C-ABS and airbags.
With a very comfortable seat positioned just 29.1 inches from the ground and an infinite number of goodies such as a CD-player, integrated navigation system, and multi-function display, just to name a few, the Honda Gold Wing is synonymous to open road cruising in complete luxury and relaxation.
The same 1832cc, liquid-cooled, six-cylinder Boxer engine with single cams and two valves per cylinder. As much as we’d expect more from Honda, we also have to admit that ever since this engine powers this two-wheeled limousine.
It features Honda’s Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) system and develops 118 hp at 5500 rpm and 167 Nm at 4000 rpm. Also, the Gold Wing engine is coupled to the same five-speed gearbox with overdrive and electric reverse, and power is still sent to the rear wheel through a shaft final drive.
Manual for the 2012-2017 Honda Gold Wing
The above maintenance schedule comes directly from the user’s manual for the 2012-2017 Honda Gold Wing.
You can download it from here.