This is the maintenance schedule and associated service intervals for the 2012 Honda Shadow RS.
This maintenance schedule applies to the following models:
- 2012 Honda Shadow RS
- Honda VT750
The Honda Shadow RS is a cruiser motorcycle intended for on-road riding. Agile and responsive, this V-twin roadster has crisp, uncluttered lines and standard-style riding ergonomics that deliver comfort and cool. The Shadow RS’s liquid-cooled, 745cc V-twin produces impressive, perfect-for-cruising-or-commuting power across the entire rpm range, while its long-stroke crankshaft design helps create a brawny V-twin pulse and low-rpm torque.
This page contains affiliate links.
2012 Honda Shadow RS Maintenance Schedule
Below is the maintenance schedule for the 2012 Honda Shadow RS.
The maintenance for the 2012 Honda Shadow RS is broken into two sections: Emission-Related Items and Non-Emission-Related Items.
Periodic Maintenance Chart
|Items||x 1000 mi||0.6||4||8||12||16||20||24|
|Emission-Related Items||x 1000 km||1||6.4||12.8||19.2||25.6||32||38.4|
|Engine Oil||INITIAL= 600 mi (1,000 km) or 1 month: R|
REGULAR= EVERY 8,000 mi (12,800 km) or 12 months: R
|Engine Oil Filter||R||R||R||R|
|Engine Idle Speed||X||I||I||I||I||I||I||I|
|Secondary Air Supply System||X||I||I||I|
|Evaporative Emission Control System*5||X||I||I|
|Drive Chain||EVERY 500 mi (800 km) I L|
|Brake Shoes/Pads Wear||I||I||I||I||I||I|
|Brake Light Switch||X||I||I||I|
|Nuts, Bolts, Fasteners||X||I||I||I||I|
|Steering Head Bearings||XX||I||I||I||I|
- X: Intermediate. We recommend service by your Honda dealer, unless you have the necessary tools and are mechanically skilled. Procedures are provided in an official Honda Service Manual
- XX: Technical. In the interest of safety, have your motorcycle serviced by your dealer.
- I: Inspect and clean, adjust, lubricate, or replace, if necessary
- C: Clean
- L: Lubricate
- R: Replace
- *1: At higher odometer readings, repeat at the frequency interval established here.
- *2: Service more frequently if the motorcycle is ridden in unusually wet or dusty areas.
- *3: Service more frequently if the motorcycle is ridden often at full throttle or in the rain.
- *4: Replace every 2 years, or at indicated odometer intervals, whichever comes first. Replacement requires mechanical skill.
- *5: 50 STATE (meets California).
Tyre size and tyre pressure for the 2012 Honda Shadow RS
The 2012 Honda Shadow RS has the following tyres and tyre sizes standard:
- Front: 100/90-19M/C (57H)
- Rear: 150/80B-16M/C (71H)
Tire type: bias-ply, tube
- DUNLOP D404F
- METZELER ME 880 Marathon
- DUNLOP D404 G
- METZELER ME 880 Marathon
The manual for the 2012 Honda Shadow RS recommends the following tyre pressures (when cold):
- 29 psi (200 kPa , 2.00 kgf/cm2 )
- 29 psi (200 kPa , 2.00 kgf/cm2 ) – with less than 200 lb (90 kg) of added weight
- 36 psi (250 kPa , 2.50 kgf/cm2 ) – with more than 200 lb (90 kg) of added weight
About the 2012 Honda Shadow RS
The Honda Shadow RS serves as rolling proof that classic ideas never go out of style. By combining agile and responsive handling, V-twin power, clean, crisp lines, and standard-style riding ergonomics.
The Shadow RS’s higher footpegs enhance ground clearance, and its thoroughly modern liquid-cooled 745cc V-twin engine boasts Honda’s sophisticated Programmed Fuel Injection to enhance your riding pleasure.
Higher pegs, more upright bars, and a plush, low, but slightly flatter saddle add up to cruiser comfort with a sporty feel. Which, when you think about it, is exactly how it should be with a machine this versatile.
Sturdy 41mm front fork features a large-diameter billet-aluminum triple-clamp for a distinctive look plus confident, neutral handling and a plush 117 mm (4.6 in.) of wheel travel.
Classic roadster tank shape and seat are inspired by the world of flat-track racing. Brilliant 60-/55-watt halogen headlight. Large custom-styled taillight and attractive retro-styled turn indicators.
Manual for the 2012 Honda Shadow RS
The above maintenance schedule comes directly from the user’s manual for the 2012 Honda Shadow RS.
You can download it from here.