This is the maintenance schedule and associated service intervals for the 2013 Honda CB500X.
This maintenance schedule applies to the following model:
- 2013 Honda CB500X
The CB500X is a versatile, do-anything bike that does particularly well on long rides as well as daily commuting. This adventure-styled tourer is powered by a 471cc DOHC parallel-twin motor that makes 46hp and 41.3Nm of torque. While not a “real” dedicated adventure bike, this bird beak-equipped Honda is certainly comfortable where most adventure machines venture.
This page contains affiliate links.
2013 Honda CB500X Maintenance Schedule
Below is the maintenance schedule for the 2013 Honda CB500X.
The maintenance for the 2013 Honda CB500X is broken into two sections: Emission-Related Items and Non-Emission-Related Items.
Periodic Maintenance Chart
|Items||x 1000 mi||0.6||4||8||12||16||20||24|
|Emission-Related Items||x 1000 km||1||6.4||12.8||19.2||25.6||32||38.4|
|Engine Oil||Initial = 600 mi (1000 km) or 1 month: R|
Regular = Every 8000 mi (12800 km) or 12 months: R
|Engine Oil Filter||R||R||R||R|
|Engine Idle Speed||X||I||I||I||I|
|Secondary Air Supply System||X||I||I||I|
|Evaporative Emission Control System*4||X||I||I|
|Drive Chain||Every 500 mi (800 km): I L|
|Brake Pads Wear||I||I||I||I||I||I|
|Brake Light Switch||I||I||I|
|Nuts, Bolts, Fasteners||X||I||I||I||I|
|Steering Head Bearings||XX||I||I||I||I|
- X: Intermediate. We recommend service by your dealer unless you have the necessary tools and are mechanically skilled. Procedures are provided in an official Honda Service Manual
- XX: Technical. In the interest of safety, have your motorcycle serviced by your dealer.
- I: Inspect (clean, adjust, lubricate, or replace, if necessary)
- R: Replace
- L: Lubricate
- C: Clean
- *1: At higher odometer readings, repeat at the frequency interval established here.
- *2: Service more frequently when riding in unusually wet or dusty areas.
- *3: Service more frequently when riding in the rain or at full throttle.
- *4: 50 STATE (meets California).
- *5: Replace every 2 years, or at indicated odometer intervals, whichever comes first. Replacement requires mechanical skill.
Tyre size and tyre pressure for the 2013 Honda CB500X
The 2013 Honda CB500X has the following tyres and tyre sizes standard:
- Front: 120/70 ZR17 M/C 58W
- Rear: 160/60 ZR17 M/C 69W
Tire type: Radial, tubeless
- Front: PIRELLI SCORPION TRAIL E
- Rear: PIRELLI SCORPION TRAIL
The manual for the 2013 Honda CB500X recommends the following tyre pressures (when cold):
- Front: 36 psi (250 kPa, 2.50 kgf/cm2)
- Rear: 42 psi (290 kPa, 2.90 kgf/cm2)
About the 2013 Honda CB500X
The CB500X delivers plenty of performance to adventure sport touring riders, with its thoroughly modern, torquey 500cc parallel-twin DOHC engine. Its upright handlebar naturally accommodates a wide variety of riders, and the shape and height of the seat give more rider freedom.
The CB500X is an excellent choice for riders ready to move up a displacement class, or for anyone who appreciates a great middleweight motorcycle for practical in-town riding, or fun adventure-sport touring.
Honda twins are famous for their versatility, and the new CB500X engine is one of our best ever. Using the same piston bore size as our CBR600RR sportbike, the parallel twin engine offers accessible performance across all RPM ranges.
Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) continuously monitors several variables to ensure the correct fuel mixture is delivered for the existing riding and atmospheric conditions for crisp throttle response throughout a wide variety of riding conditions.
The CB500X is a lightweight, dynamic motorcycle that offers adventure style with an upright riding position. While not a dual-sport, the new CB500X still has the posture of an adventure machine with a unique fuel tank design that offers the ability to freely move the body weight.
Manual for the 2013 Honda CB500X
The above maintenance schedule comes directly from the user’s manual for the 2013 Honda CB500X.
You can download it from here.