This is the maintenance schedule and associated service intervals for the 2013 Honda Gold Wing F6B.
This maintenance schedule applies to the following model:
- 2013 Honda Gold Wing F6B
The Honda Gold Wing is a series of touring motorcycles manufactured by Honda. Gold Wings feature shaft drive, and a flat engine. The Gold Wing was the first Japanese production motorcycle with a water-cooled four-stroke engine. Over the course of its production history, the Gold Wing had many design changes. Beginning in 1975 with a 999 cc (61.0 cu in) flat-four engine, by 2001 this had grown to a 1,832 cc (111.8 cu in) flat-six.
This page contains affiliate links.
2013 Honda Gold Wing F6B Maintenance Schedule
Below is the maintenance schedule for the 2013 Honda Gold Wing F6B.
The maintenance for the 2013 Honda Gold Wing F6B is broken into two sections: Emission-Related Items and Non-Emission-Related Items.
Periodic Maintenance Chart
|.||Items||x 1000 mi||4||8||12||16||20||24|
|Emission-Related Items||x 1000 km||6.4||12.8||19.2||25.6||32||38.4|
|Spark Plugs||EVERY 16,000 mi (25,600 km) R|
|*||Valve Clearance||4||EVERY 32,000 mi (51,200 km) I|
|Engine Oil Filter||R||R||R|
|*||Engine Idle Speed||I||I||I|
|*||Secondary Air Supply System||I||I||I|
|*||Evaporative Emission Control System||I||I|
|Final Drive Oil||I||I||R|
|Brake Pads Wear||I||I||I||I||I||I|
|*||Brake Light Switch||I||I||I|
|*||Nuts, Bolts, Fasteners||I||I||I|
|**||Steering Head Bearings||I||I||I|
- * Should be serviced by your Honda dealer, unless you have the proper tools and service data and are mechanically qualified. Refer to the official Honda Service Manual.
- ** In the interest of safety, we recommend these items be serviced only by your Honda dealer.
- I: inspect and clean, adjust, lubricate, or replace, if necessary
- C: clean
- A: adjust
- L: lubricate
- R: replace
- 1. At higher odometer readings, repeat at the frequency interval established here
- 2. Service more frequently if the motorcycle is ridden in unusually wet or dusty areas
- 3. Service more frequently if the motorcycle is ridden often at full throttle or in the rain
- 4. Service more frequently if noisy
- 5. Replace every 2 years, or at indicated odometer interval, whichever comes first. Replacement requires mechanical skill.
- 6. Replace at 4,000 mi (6,400 km) or 6 months, then every 8,000 mi (12,800 km) or 12 months.
Tyre size and tyre pressure for the 2013 Honda Gold Wing F6B
The 2013 Honda Gold Wing F6B has the following tyres and tyre sizes standard:
- Front: 130/70R18M/C 63H
- Rear: 180/60R16M/C 74H
Tire type: Radial, tubeless
- Front: BRIDGESTONE G709 RADIAL
- Rear: BRIDGESTONE G704 RADIAL
The manual for the 2013 Honda Gold Wing F6B recommends the following tyre pressures (when cold):
- Front: 36 psi (250 kPa, 2.50 kgf/cm2)
- Rear: 41 psi (280 kPa , 2.80 kgf/cm )
About the 2013 Honda Gold Wing F6B
The F6B is based on the Gold Wing’s excellent twin-spar aluminum frame, and it’s powered by the familiar 1832cc flat-Six, a sohc two-valve-per-cylinder engine that’s fed by electronic fuel injection with twin 40mm throttle bodies.
As in the standard Gold Wing, the horizontally opposed engine helps keep the center of gravity low, which should make the F6B feel smaller than it actually is, especially in corners. And while no motorcycle that weighs 842 pounds should ever be considered light, the F6B tips the scales some 62 lb. less than a standard Gold Wing.
The bike is still designed to work well on weekend trips, aided by a glovebox, a premium audio system (with iPod/MP3 capability), a saddlebag open indicator and a multi-information screen that features a clock, trip meter, air temperature gauge and audio controls.
Two models will be available when the F6B arrives in the spring—the $19,999 standard bike and the $20,999 Deluxe, which is fitted with a passenger backrest, heated grips, a center-stand and self-canceling turn signals. Accessories—including LED fog lights, a taller windscreen and numerous chrome extras.
Manual for the 2013 Honda Gold Wing F6B
The above maintenance schedule comes directly from the user’s manual for the 2013 Honda Gold Wing F6B.
You can download it from here.