This is the maintenance schedule and associated service intervals for the 2015-2016 Honda NM4.
This maintenance schedule applies to the following models:
- 2015-2016 Honda NM4
The Honda NM4 is a touring motorcycle with “futuristic” dimensions. The machine is powered by a 670cc parallel-twin, a sophomoric powerplant tuned for relaxed riding and not hard-core hammering. Honda’s six-speed dual-clutch gearbox allows fully automatic or electronic “manumatic” shifting via handlebar-mounted paddles. The Honda NM4 is as radical as radical gets in street bike styling and absolutely an extremely bold design overlaying proven engineering.
This page contains affiliate links.
2015-2016 Honda NM4 Maintenance Schedule
Below is the maintenance schedule for the 2015-2016 Honda NM4.
The maintenance for the 2015-2016 Honda NM4 is broken into two sections: Emission-Related Items and Non-Emission-Related Items.
Periodic Maintenance Chart
|Items||x 1000 mi||0.6||4||8||12||16||20||24|
|Emission-Related Items||x 1000 km||1||6.4||12.8||19.2||25.6||32||38.4|
|Spark Plug||Every 16,000 mi (25,600 km): I Every 32,000 mi (51,200 km): R|
|Engine Oil||INITIAL= 600 mi (1,000 km) or 1 month: R|
REGULAR= EVERY 8,000 mi (12,800 km) or 12 months: R
|Engine Oil Filter||R||R||R||R|
|Clutch Oil Filter||R||R|
|Engine Idle Speed||X||I||I||I||I||I||I||I|
|Evaporative Emission Control System*4||X||I||I|
|Drive Chain||Every 500 mi (800 km): I L|
|Brake Pads Wear||I||I||I||I||I||I|
|Brake Light Switch||I||I||I|
|Brake Lock Operation||X||I||I||I||I||I||I|
|Nuts, Bolts, Fasteners||X||I||I||I||I|
|Steering Head Bearings||XX||I||I||I||I|
- X: Intermediate. We recommend service by your Honda dealer unless you have the necessary tools and are mechanically skilled. Procedures are provided in an official Honda Service Manual
- XX: Technical. In the interest of safety, have your motorcycle serviced by your dealer.
- I: Inspect and clean, adjust, lubricate, or replace, if necessary
- R: Replace
- L: Lubricate
- C: Clean
- *1: At higher odometer readings, repeat at the frequency interval established here.
- *2: Service more frequently if the motorcycle is ridden in unusually wet or dusty areas.
- *3: Service more frequently when riding in the rain or at full throttle.
- *4: 50 STATE (meets California).
- *5: Replace every 2 years, or at indicated odometer intervals, whichever comes first. Replacement requires mechanical skill.
Tyre size and tyre pressure for the 2015-2016 Honda NM4
The 2015-2016 Honda NM4 has the following tyres and tyre sizes standard:
- Front: 120/70ZR18M/C (59W)
- Rear: 200/50ZR17M/C (75W)
Tire type: Radial, tubeless
Front: DUNLOP D423F K
Rear: DUNLOP D423 K
The manual for the 2015-2016 Honda NM4 recommends the following tyre pressures (when cold):
- Front: 33 psi (225 kPa, 2.25 kgf/cm2
- Rear: 36 psi (250 kPa, 2.50 kgf/cm2)
About the 2015-2016 Honda NM4
As sporty looking as the NM4 is, the cruise-tastic rider triangle puts the rider deep into windsock territory with an upright back and feet well forward. The liquid-cooled, parallel-twin actually runs with a 73 mm bore and 80 mm stroke that leaves it a smidgen under-square. Compression is reasonable at 10.7:1, and a SOHC times the eight-valve head.
The bones set the tone with a long and low build that leaves us with a 64.7-inch wheelbase and 25.6-inch seat height. The steering head layout gives us 33 degrees of rake and 4.3 inches of trail for a ride that trends more toward the stable.
Suspension components are something of a yawn with standard, fixed-parameter forks up front and a Pro-Link mono-shock in the back with 3.9 inches of travel all around. This is definitely sufficient for street work, it ain’t a dual-sport after all, but the lack of tune-ability in the suspension cuts into the NM4’s versatility and comfort on long trips.
The NM4 rolled for a base MSRP of $10,999 in 2016 but comes back in 2018 for $11,299. You can get it in any color you want as long as you fancy Matte Black Metallic. The NM4 comes with Honda’s one-year, unlimited-mileage warranty.
Manual for the 2015-2016 Honda NM4
The above maintenance schedule comes directly from the user’s manual for the 2015-2016 Honda NM4.
You can download it from here.