This is the maintenance schedule and associated service intervals for the 2015-2020 Honda Shadow Phantom.
This maintenance schedule applies to the following models:
- 2015-2020 Honda Shadow Phantom
The Honda Shadow Phantom is a cruiser motorcycle intended for on-road riding. An over-achiever when it comes to a low center of gravity, rideability, comfort, and performance. Shadow Phantom features a 745cc liquid-cooled 52-degree V-twin in a variety of configurations. The bike has good low-end torque and the modest 15-inch 160mm rear tire puts all of the V-twin’s power to the ground after the shaft drive takes its share.
This page contains affiliate links.
2015-2020 Honda Shadow Phantom Maintenance Schedule
Below is the maintenance schedule for the 2015-2020 Honda Shadow Phantom.
The maintenance for the 2015-2020 Honda Shadow Phantom is broken into two sections: Emission-Related Items and Non-Emission-Related Items.
Highlighted element(s) means that there are changes in this year model vs. the previous year model.
Periodic Maintenance Chart
|Items||x 1000 mi||0.6||4||8||12||16||20||24|
|Emission-Related Items||x 1000 km||1||6.4||12.8||19.2||25.6||32||38.4|
|Engine Oil||INITIAL= 600 mi (1,000 km) or 1 month: R|
REGULAR= EVERY 8,000 mi (12,800 km) or 12 months: R
|Engine Oil Filter||R||R||R||R|
|Engine Idle Speed||X||I||I||I||I||I||I||I|
|Secondary Air Supply System||X||I||I||I|
|Evaporative Emission Control System*5||X||I||I|
|Final Drive Oil||I||I||R|
|Brake Shoes/Pads Wear||I||I||I||I||I||I|
|Brake Light Switch||X||I||I||I|
|Nuts, Bolts, Fasteners||X||I||I||I||I|
|Steering Head Bearings||XX||I||I||I||I|
- X: Intermediate. We recommend service by your Honda dealer, unless you have the necessary tools and are mechanically skilled. Procedures are provided in an official Honda Service Manual
- XX: Technical. In the interest of safety, have your motorcycle serviced by your dealer.
- I: Inspect and clean, adjust, lubricate, or replace, if necessary
- C: Clean
- R: Replace
- *1: At higher odometer readings, repeat at the frequency interval established here.
- *2: Service more frequently if the motorcycle is ridden in unusually wet or dusty areas.
- *3: Service more frequently if the motorcycle is ridden often at full throttle or in the rain.
- *4: Replace every 2 years, or at indicated odometer intervals, whichever comes first. Replacement requires mechanical skill.
- *5: 50 STATE (meets California).
Tyre size and tyre pressure for the 2015-2020 Honda Shadow Phantom
The 2015-2020 Honda Shadow Phantom has the following tyres and tyre sizes standard:
Front: 120/90-17M/C 64S
Rear: 160/80-15M/C 74S
Tire type: bias-ply, tube
- DUNLOP D404 FG
- BRIDGESTONE G701
- CHENG SHIN M6002
- DUNLOP D404
- BRIDGESTONE G702
- CHENG SHIN M6011R
The manual for the 2015-2020 Honda Shadow Phantom recommends the following tyre pressures (when cold):
- 29 psi (200 kPa , 2.00 kgf/cm2)
- 29 psi (200 kPa , 2.00 kgf/cm2 ) – with less than 200 lb (90 kg) of added weight
- 36 psi (250 kPa , 2.50 kgf/cm2 ) – with more than 200 lb (90 kg) of added weight
About the 2015-2020 Honda Shadow Phantom
Honda got quite a bit of mileage out of the venerable Shadow platform. The Shadow Phantom is one of the most intriguing motorcycles from Honda, all of which feature a 745cc liquid-cooled 52-degree V-twin in a variety of configurations.
The Honda Shadow Phantom plays a card from the Harley-Davidson Dark Custom deck, and it handles its hand deftly. Seriously blacked out, with grey where black doesn’t dominate, Honda Phantom is long and low with more attitude than you expect in the Shadow line.
The fattish 120mm front 17-inch tire plants itself firmly on the road, giving the bike a muscular front end. Adding to the front beef are 41mm forks with flat gray covers over the chrome tubes, keeping to the dark theme.
The addition of EFI to the equation seems to have helped the sub-liter twins quite a bit, and the twin-plug heads get a good burn. No surprise, the Phantom leaves cars in its wake at stoplights, and it does so effortlessly.
The bike has good, but certainly not overwhelming, low-end torque and the modest 15-inch 160mm rear tire puts all of the V-twin’s power to the ground, after the shaft drive takes its share. A 3.7-gallon gas tank gives the Phantom good range.
Manual for the 2015-2020 Honda Shadow Phantom
The above maintenance schedule comes directly from the user’s manual for the 2015-2020 Honda Shadow Phantom.