This is the maintenance schedule and associated service intervals for the 2018 Honda CTX700N.
This maintenance schedule applies to the following model:
- 2018 Honda CTX700N
The Honda CTX700N is a cruiser motorcycle intended for on-road riding. The 670cc parallel-twin engine features cylinders canted 62 degrees forward for enhanced weight distribution and a lower center of gravity for ease of handling. It features the Honda Ignition Security System (HISS), an effective anti-theft set-up. The CTX700N is an amazingly affordable, fun, friendly, and comfortable bike that is perfect for everyday rides, weekend trips, or just two-up exploring.
This page contains affiliate links.
2018 Honda CTX700N Maintenance Schedule
Below is the maintenance schedule for the 2018 Honda CTX700N.
The maintenance for the 2018 Honda CTX700N is broken into two sections: Emission-Related Items and Non-Emission-Related Items.
Highlighted element(s) means that there are changes in this year model vs. the previous year model.
Periodic Maintenance Chart
|Items||x 1000 mi||0.6||4||8||12||16||20||24|
|Emission-Related Items||x 1000 km||1||6.4||12.8||19.2||25.6||32||38.4|
|Spark Plug||Every 16,000 mi (25,600 km): I Every 32,000 mi (51,200 km): R|
|Engine Oil||Initial = 600 mi (1,000 km) or 1 month: R|
Regular = Every 8,000 mi (12,800 km) or 12 months: R
|Engine Oil Filter||R||R||R||R|
|Clutch Oil Filter||R||R|
|Engine Idle Speed||X||I||I||I||I||I||I||I|
|Evaporative Emission Control System*4||X||I||I|
|Drive Chain||Every 500 mi (800 km): I L|
|Brake Pads Wear||I||I||I||I||I||I|
|Brake Light Switch||I||I||I|
|Brake Lock Operation||X||I||I||I||I||I||I||I|
|Nuts, Bolts, Fasteners||X||I||I||I||I|
|Steering Head Bearings||XX||I||I||I||I|
- X: Intermediate. We recommend service by your Honda dealer, unless you have the necessary tools and are mechanically skilled. Procedures are provided in an official Honda Service Manual
- XX: Technical. In the interest of safety, have your motorcycle serviced by your dealer.
- I: Inspect and clean, adjust, lubricate, or replace, if necessary
- R: Replace
- L: Lubricate
- C: Clean
- *1 : At higher odometer readings, repeat at the frequency interval established here.
- *2 : Service more frequently if the motorcycle is ridden in unusually wet or dusty areas.
- *3 : Service more frequently when riding in rain or at full throttle.
- *4 : 50 STATE (meets California).
- *5 : Replace every 2 years, or at indicated odometer interval, whichever comes first. Replacement requires mechanical skill.
Tyre size and tyre pressure for the 2018 Honda CTX700N
The 2018 Honda CTX700N has the following tyres and tyre sizes standard:
- Front: 120/70ZR17M/C (58W)
- Rear: 160/60ZR17M/C (69W)
Tire type: Radial, tubeless
- BRIDGESTONE BT023F G
- METZELER ROADTEC Z8 INTERACT E
- BRIDGESTONE BT023R G
- METZELER ROADTEC Z8 INTERACT M
The manual for the 2018 Honda CTX700N recommends the following tyre pressures (when cold):
- 36 psi (250 kPa, 2.50 kgf/cm2)
- [With less than 200 lb (90 kg) of added weight] 36 psi (250 kPa, 2.50 kgf/cm2)
- [With more than 200 lb (90 kg) of added weight or when carrying a passenger] 42 psi (290 kPa, 2.90 kgf/cm2)
About the 2018 Honda CTX700N
Honda took the best parts of the cruiser idiom (laid-back seating, forward-set pegs, torque-rich twin-cylinder engine that you don’t have to rev for power) and put them together into a package unlike anything else you’ll see on the road.
The low 28.3-inch seat height makes this a great choice for both urban riders who have to deal with stoplights and parking lots as well as anyone who likes a machine with a lower center of gravity. And there’s plenty of class-leading technology in this bike too.
This is a bike specifically engineered to make motorcycling more approachable, affordable, and fun than ever before. Thanks to a low seat height, riders can quickly get acclimated to life in the saddle. Beneath the fuel tank cover, there’s a handy glove box area, and the fuel is carried below.
Honda’s acclaimed automatic Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) provides either a fully automatic mode or the option of more active gear selection via “paddle-shift” type buttons on the handlebar, and the DCT version also comes with an Anti-lock Braking System (ABS).
The 670cc parallel-twin engine features cylinders canted 62 degrees forward for enhanced weight distribution and a lower center of gravity for ease of handling. This smooth-running fuel-injected engine pumps out loads of low-end and midrange torque to simplify launching from stops even with the optional six-speed manual gearbox.
The CTX700N – wearing a svelte nose cowl – injects a sense of freedom and space into any ride. It’s fitted as standard with ABS and there’s a whole range of dedicated Honda Genuine Accessories ready for an owner to further personalize their CTX.
Manual for the 2018 Honda CTX700N
The above maintenance schedule comes directly from the user’s manual for the 2018 Honda CTX700N.
You can download it from here.