This is the maintenance schedule and associated service intervals for the Honda GL1500C Valkyrie.
This maintenance schedule applies to the following models:
- Honda GL1500C Valkyrie
- Honda Interstate/Deluxe
The Honda GL1500C Valkyrie is a cruiser motorcycle intended for on-road riding. The GL1500C Valkyrie brings immense torque to the road game, providing seemingly infinite passing power, even at high speeds. Liquid-cooled 1520cc six-cylinder is tuned for excellent roll-on power and sophisticated cruising comfort. The Valkyrie is plenty comfortable with plush suspension, a roomy seat, and a host of accessories to transform the performance cruiser into a long-haul tourer.
This page contains affiliate links.
Honda GL1500C Valkyrie Maintenance Schedule
Below is the maintenance schedule for the Honda GL1500C Valkyrie.
The maintenance for the Honda GL1500C Valkyrie is broken into two sections: Emission-Related Items and Non-Emission-Related Items.
Periodic Maintenance Chart
|Items||x 1000 mi||0.6||4||8||12||16||20||24|
|Emission-Related Items||NOTE||x 1000 km||1||6.4||12.8||19.2||25.6||32||38.4|
|Engine Oil Filter||R||R||R||R|
|*||Engine Idle Speed||I||I||I||I||I||I||I|
|*||Secondary Air Supply System||I||I||I|
|*||Evaporative Emission Control System||4||I||I|
|**||Timing Belts||EVERY 100000 mi (160000 km) I|
|Final Drive Oil||I||I||R|
|Brake Pad Wear||I||I||I||I||I||I|
|*||Brake Light Switch||I||I||I|
|*||Cruise Valve Element||R|
|*||Air Pump Element||C|
|*||Nuts, Bolts, Fasteners||I||I||I||I|
|**||Steering Head Bearings||I||I||I||I|
Each item on the maintenance schedule requires some mechanical knowledge. Certain items (particularly those marked * and **) may require more technical information and tools. Consult your Honda dealer.
- * Should be serviced by your Honda dealer, unless you have the proper tools and service data and are mechanically qualified. Refer to the official Honda Service Manual.
- ** In the interest of safety, we recommend these items be serviced only by your Honda dealer.
- I: inspect and clean, adjust, lubricate, or replace, if necessary
- C: clean
- A: adjust
- L: lubricate
- R: replace
- 1. At higher odometer readings, repeat at the frequency interval established here
- 2. Service more frequently if the motorcycle is ridden in unusually wet or dusty areas
- 3. Service more frequently when riding in the rain, or at full throttle.
- 4. California type only.
- 5. Replace every 2 years, or at indicated odometer interval, whichever comes first. Replacement requires mechanical skill. Refer to the official Honda service manual
Tyre size and tyre pressure for the Honda GL1500C Valkyrie
The Honda GL1500C Valkyrie has the following tyres and tyre sizes standard:
- Front: 130/70-18 63H
- Rear: 160/80-16 75H
- Front: DUNLOP K177F
- Rear: DUNLOP K177
The manual for the Honda GL1500C Valkyrie recommends the following tyre pressures (when cold):
- 33 psi (225 kPa, 2.25 kgf/cm2)
- 36 psi (250 kPa, 2.50 kgf/cm2) with less than 200 Ibs (90 kg) of added weight*
- 41 psi (280 kPa, 2.80 kgf/cm2) with more than 200 Ibs (90 kg) of added weight*
* includes the weight of the rider, passenger, all cargo and all accessories
About the Honda GL1500C Valkyrie
The Honda GL1500C Valkyrie’s liquid-cooled 1520cc six-cylinder is tuned for excellent roll-on power and sophisticated cruising comfort. The previous generation Gold Wing-derived engine features six carburetors, aggressive camshaft timing, and a free-flow exhaust system.
Carefully designed chrome engine accents, including manifolds, timing belt cover and reshaped head covers, add to custom styling appeal. Five-speed transmission with close gear-ratios for exciting roll-on performance.
Quiet and virtually maintenance-free shaft drive. Simple-to-service screw-and-locknut valve-clearance adjusters. The tuned six-into-six exhaust system has three individual outlet pipes enclosed in a single muffler-like casing on each side.
Strong, rugged tuned chassis features a solidly mounted engine for confidence-inspiring handling. Massive, 45mm inverted front fork gives 130mm of plush, well-controlled travel. Large-section aluminum alloy top and bottom triple-clamps add to fork rigidity.
Powerful 60/55-watt halogen headlight with unique eyebrow-style chrome case and multi-reflector-type lens. Chrome-case-enclosed tachometer and speedometer with attractive white-colored faces. Convenient push-to-cancel turn-signal switch.
Manual for the Honda GL1500C Valkyrie
The above maintenance schedule comes directly from the user’s manual for the Honda GL1500C Valkyrie.