This is the maintenance schedule and associated service intervals for the Honda Gold Wing Valkyrie.
This maintenance schedule applies to the following model:
- Honda Gold Wing Valkyrie
The Honda Gold Wing Valkyrie is a cruiser motorcycle intended for on-road riding. The motorcycle is propelled by a 1832cc, liquid-cooled, horizontally opposed six-cylinder, SOHC engine with PGM-FI. The engine transfers its power to the rear wheel through a five-speed transmission and is fueled by a 6.1 gallons fuel tank. Valkyrie’s engine is mounted low into the aluminum twin-spar frame, thus keeping the center of gravity as low as possible.
This page contains affiliate links.
Honda Gold Wing Valkyrie Maintenance Schedule
Below is the maintenance schedule for the Honda Gold Wing Valkyrie.
The maintenance for the Honda Gold Wing Valkyrie is broken into two sections: Emission-Related Items and Non-Emission-Related Items.
Periodic Maintenance Chart
|Items||x 1000 mi||0.6||4||8||12||16||20||24|
|Emission-Related Items||x 1000 km||1||6.4||12.8||19.2||25.6||32||38.4|
|Spark Plug||Every 16,000 mi (25,600 km): R|
|Valve Clearance*4||X||Every 32,000 mi (51,200 km): I|
|Engine Oil Filter||R||R||R|
|Engine Idle Speed||X||I||I||I|
|Secondary Air Supply System||X||I||I||I|
|Evaporative Emission Control System*5||X||I||I|
|Final Drive Oil||I||I||R|
|Brake Pads Wear||I||I||I||I||I||I|
|Brake Light Switch||X||I||I||I|
|Nuts, Bolts, Fasteners||X||I||I||I|
|Steering Head Bearings||XX||I||I||I|
- X: Intermediate. We recommend service by your Honda dealer, unless you have the necessary tools and are mechanically skilled. Procedures are provided in an official Honda Service Manual
- XX: Technical. In the interest of safety, have your motorcycle serviced by your dealer.
- I: Inspect and clean, adjust, lubricate, or replace, if necessary
- C: Clean
- L: Lubricate
- R: Replace
- *1: At higher odometer readings, repeat at the frequency interval established here.
- *2: Service more frequently if the motorcycle is ridden in unusually wet or dusty areas.
- *3: Service more frequently when riding in the rain or at full throttle.
- *4: Service more frequently, if noisy.
- *5: Replace every 2 years, or at indicated odometer interval, whichever comes first. Replacement requires mechanical skill.
- *6 : Replace at 4,000 mi (6,400 km) or 6 months, then every 8,000 mi (12,800 km) or 12 months.
Tyre size and tyre pressure for the Honda Gold Wing Valkyrie
The Honda Gold Wing Valkyrie has the following tyres and tyre sizes standard:
- Front: 130/60R19M/C 61H
- Rear: 180/55R17M/C 73H
Tire type: Radial, tubeless
- Front: DUNLOP D254F
- Rear: DUNLOP D256
The manual for the Honda Gold Wing Valkyrie recommends the following tyre pressures (when cold):
- Front: 36 psi (250 kPa, 2.50 kgf/cm2)
- Rear: 41 psi (280 kPa, 2.80 kgf/cm2)
About the Honda Gold Wing Valkyrie
The Honda Gold Wing Valkyrie is a modern cruiser that has all it needs to be considered one of the best models in its class. Its sporty fenders, the unique fuel tank design, the fat exhaust pipes, and the stylish fairing are all working together to form a very special visual effect.
The motorcycle is propelled by an 1832cc, liquid-cooled, horizontally opposed six-cylinder, SOHC engine with PGM-FI. The engine transfers its power to the rear wheel through a five speed transmission and is fueled by a 6.1 gallons fuel tank.
To enhance the motorcycle’s performance, the Valkyrie’s engine is mounted low into the aluminum twin-spar frame, thus keeping the center of gravity as low as possible. The Valkyrie’s two-piece seat allows you to customize your look if you’re riding solo.
The LED headlight, taillight, and turn signals give the Valkyrie a modern, super-clean look and provide fantastic illumination as well. Style and function. A high-performance motorcycle like this one requires a technologically advanced suspension.
The Valkyrie features a rear Pro Arm single-side swingarm with an adjustable Pro-Link single shock. Strong, lightweight (thanks to the hollow-spoke design) and super stylish, the Valkyrie’s wheels make a big statement and are an integral part of this bike’s great handling.
Manual for the Honda Gold Wing Valkyrie
The above maintenance schedule comes directly from the user’s manual for the Honda Gold Wing Valkyrie.
You can download it from here.