This is the maintenance schedule and associated service intervals for the Honda NT700V.
This maintenance schedule applies to the following models:
- Honda NT700V
The NT700V is an entry-level sport-touring bike intended for on-road riding. It is powered by a 571-pound motorcycle is a 680-cc 52-degree V-twin with fuel injection and paired to a five-speed manual transmission and routes 60 hp to the rear wheel with a maintenance-free shaft drive. The NT700V is the kind of bike you could use as your sole form of transportation.
This page contains affiliate links.
Honda NT700V Maintenance Schedule
Below is the maintenance schedule for the Honda NT700V.
The maintenance for the Honda NT700V is broken into two sections: Emission-Related Items and Non-Emission-Related Items.
Periodic Maintenance Chart
|Items||x 1000 mi||0.6||4||8||12||16||20||24|
|Emission-Related Items||NOTE||x 1000 km||1||6.4||12.8||19.2||25.6||32||38.4|
|Engine Oil||Initial = 600 mi (1,000 km) or 1 month: R|
Regular = Every 8,000 mi (12,800 km) or 12 months: R
|Engine Oil Filter||R||R||R||R|
|*||Secondary Air Supply System||I||I||I|
|*||Evaporative Emission Control System||I||I|
|Final Drive Oil||I||I||R|
|Brake Pads Wear||I||I||I||I||I||I|
|*||Brake Light Switch||I||I||I|
|*||Nuts, Bolts, Fasteners||I||I||I||I|
|**||Steering Head Bearings||I||I||I||I|
- *Should be serviced by your Honda dealer, unless you have the proper tools and service data and are mechanically qualified. Refer to the official Honda Service Manual.
- **In the interest of safety, we recommend these items be serviced only by your Honda dealer
- I: inspect and clean, adjust, lubricate, or replace, if necessary
- C: clean
- A: adjust
- L: lubricate
- R: replace
- 1. At higher odometer readings, repeat at the frequency interval established here.
- 2. Service more frequently if the motorcycle is ridden in unusually wet or dusty areas.
- 3. Replace every 2 years, or at indicated odometer interval, whichever comes first. Replacement requires mechanical skill.
Tyre size and tyre pressure for the Honda NT700V
The Honda NT700V has the following tyres and tyre sizes standard:
- Front: 120/70ZR17M/C (58W)
- Rear: 150/70ZR17M/C (69W)
Tire type: Radial, tubeless
- Front: BRIDGESTONE BT020F RADIAL J
- Rear: BRIDGESTONE BT020R RADIAL U
The manual for the Honda NT700V recommends the following tyre pressures (when cold):
- Front: 36 psi (250 kPa, 2.50 kgf/cm2)
- Rear: 42 psi (290 kPa, 2.90 kgf/cm2)
About the Honda NT700V
Honda NT700V is powdered by a liquid-cooled 52-degree V-Twin displacing 680cc engine, as a result of an 81mm bore and 66mm stroke as well as 10:1 compression ratio. Each cylinder’s four valves are controlled through a single overhead cam.
The engine is coupled to a five-speed tranny, which should keep things lively and interesting at all times while also maintaining good mileage. Knowing about the standard model’s 566 lbs curb weight (571 on the ABS model) and the gas tank’s 5.2 gallons capacity.
With a 26.5-degree rake and 4.5 inches trail, the bike should be very maneuverable even at slow speeds also thanks to the low center of gravity and 58.1 inches wheelbase. The rider’s bottom will sit at 31.7 inches above the ground, which is acceptable.
Being a veritable mid-range touring motorcycle, the Honda NT700V comes with large-capacity saddlebags and five-position adjustable windscreen so that it will suit riders of different heights. Also, the decent accessories list includes a 45-litre top box in matching body colors, just to start your interest.
The NT700V disguises that gas tank very well behind the large fairing, but this still blends in with the spacious seat and standard panniers. Everything is designed with aerodynamics in mind and Honda’s quality built and refinement can be spotted all over this model.
Manual for the Honda NT700V
The above maintenance schedule comes directly from the user’s manual for the Honda NT700V.
You can download it from here.