This is the maintenance schedule and associated service intervals for the Honda Shadow Spirit 750.
This maintenance schedule applies to the following models:
- Honda Shadow Spirit 750
- Honda VT750DC
The Honda Shadow Spirit 750 is a cruiser motorcycle intended for on-road riding. At the heart of Honda Shadow is a 745cc liquid-cooled 52-degree V-twin with a bore and stroke of 79mm x 76mm. The sportiest cruiser with a 21-inch front wheel and low 25.7-inch one-piece gunfighter seat, the Shadow Spirit 750 C2 exudes street-rod style with handling, comfort, and quality levels only Honda can put together.
This page contains affiliate links.
Honda Shadow Spirit 750 Maintenance Schedule
Below is the maintenance schedule for the Honda Shadow Spirit 750.
Periodic Maintenance Chart
|Items||x 1000 km||1||6||12||18||24||30||36|
|x 1000 mi||0.6||4||8||12||16||20||24|
|Air Cleaner||NOTE (2)||R||R|
|Crankcase Breather||NOTE (3)||C||C||C||C||C||C|
|Engine Oil Filter||R||R||R||R|
|*||Enigne Idle Speed||I||I||I||I||I||I||I|
|Radiator Coolant||(NOTE 4)||I||I||R|
|*||Secondary Air Supply System||I||I||I|
|Drive Chain||EVERY 1000 km (600 mi) I, L|
|Drive Chain Slider||I||I||I|
|Brake Fluid||NOTE (4)||I||I||R||I||I||R|
|Brake Shoe/Pad Wear||I||I||I||I||I||I|
|*||Brake Light Switch||I||I||I|
|*||Nuts, Bolts, Fasteners||I||I||I||I|
|**||Steering Head Bearings||I||I||I||I|
- * Should be serviced by your Honda dealer, unless you have the proper tools and service data and are mechanically qualified. Refer to the official Honda Service Manual.
- ** In the interest of safety, we recommend these items be serviced only by your Honda dealer.
- I: inspect and clean, adjust, lubricate, or replace, if necessary
- C: clean
- A: adjust
- L: lubricate
- R: replace
- 1. At higher odometer readings, repeat at the frequency interval established here
- 2. Service more frequently if the motorcycle is ridden in unusually wet or dusty areas
- 3. Service more frequently when riding in the rain or at full throttle
- 4. Replace every 2 years, or at indicated odometer interval, whichever comes first. Replacement requires mechanical skill.
Tyre size and tyre pressure for the Honda Shadow Spirit 750
The Honda Shadow Spirit 750 has the following tyres and tyre sizes standard:
- Front: 110/80 – 19 59S
- Rear: 160/80 – 15 M/C 74S
Tire type: Tubeless
- BRIDGESTONE G515
- DUNLOP F24
- BRIDGESTONE G702
- DUNLOP K425
The manual for the Honda Shadow Spirit 750 recommends the following tyre pressures (when cold):
- Front: 29 psi (200 kPa, 2.00 kgf/cm2)
- Rear: 29 psi (200 kPa, 2.00 kgf/cm2)
Rider and one passenger:
- Front: 29 psi (200 kPa, 2.00 kgf/cm2)
- Rear: 36 psi (250 kPa, 2.50 kgf/cm2)
About the Honda Shadow Spirit 750
The engineering team’s three-fold goal was to make the new Shadow Spirit 750 look longer and lower like a larger-displacement machine, without sacrificing the friendly ergonomics and ease of handling that appeal to so many first-time and reentry riders.
To accomplish this, the bike was fitted with a new single-backbone frame first introduced on the Aero. This produces a wheelbase that is more than an inch longer (65.0 vs. 63.8) while simultaneously stretching the ergonomic envelope to accommodate physically larger riders.
Smaller riders were not ignored, however, as the rider triangle between the seat, handlebar, and footpegs was kept as close to the previous model as possible. An added benefit is a seat height that is even lower than before-25.7 inches compared to 26.6. Nothing gives a rider confidence like putting both feet flat on the ground.
To emphasize the street-rod styling of the new Shadow Spirit 750, the designers added a 21-inch front wheel and 90/90-21 rubber for a narrow, custom look that also provides a light steering feel. A newly designed handlebar offers a sporty, upright riding position.
Shorty fenders (the rear one now boasts a custom, integrated taillight), a chromed, tank-mounted speedometer/instrument housing, and twin, bullet-style mufflers-all signature elements of the Spirit blueprint-were redesigned to complement the V-twin’s new low-slung attitude.
Manual for the Honda Shadow Spirit 750
The above maintenance schedule comes directly from the user’s manual for the Honda Shadow Spirit 750.