This is the maintenance schedule and associated service intervals for the Honda VTX1300S.
This maintenance schedule applies to the following models:
- Honda VTX1300S
The Honda VTX series is a line of V-twin Honda cruiser motorcycles. VTX stands for V-Twin Extreme. The VTX1300 line was introduced for the 2003 model year. An entirely new square-section, backbone frame hangs the all-new 1312cc engine on mounts designed to soak up the strongest shakes from the engine. Beautiful classic styling. Traditional spoked wheels. 1300cc of muscular VTX power. Introducing the newest member of the VTX family.
This page contains affiliate links.
Honda VTX1300S Maintenance Schedule
Below is the maintenance schedule for the Honda VTX1300S.
The maintenance for the Honda VTX1300S is broken into two sections: Emission-Related Items and Non-Emission-Related Items.
Periodic Maintenance Chart
|Items||x 1000 mi||0.6||4||8||12||16||20||24|
|Emission-Related Items||NOTE||x 1000 km||1||6.4||12.8||19.2||25.6||32||38.4|
|Air Cleaner||NOTE 2||R||R|
|Crankcase Breather||NOTE 3||C||C||C||C||C||C|
|Engine Oil Filter||R||R||R||R|
|*||Engine Idle Speed||I||I||I||I||I||I||I|
|Radiator Coolant||NOTE 5||I||I||R|
|*||Secondary Air Supply System||I||I||I|
|*||Evaporative Emission Control System||NOTE 4||I||I|
|Final Drive Oil||I||I||R|
|Brake Fluid||NOTE 5||I||I||R||I||I||R|
|Brake Pads Wear||I||I||I||I||I||I|
|*||Brake Light Switch||I||I||I|
|*||Nuts, Bolts, Fasteners||I||I||I||I|
|**||Steering Head Bearings||I||I||I||I|
- * Should be serviced by your Honda dealer, unless you have the proper tools and service data and are mechanically qualified. Refer to the official Honda Service Manual.
- ** In the interest of safety, we recommend these items be serviced only by your Honda dealer.
- I: inspect and clean, adjust, lubricate, or replace, if necessary
- C: clean
- A: adjust
- L: lubricate
- R: replace
- 1. At higher odometer readings, repeat at the frequency interval established here
- 2. Service more frequently if the motorcycle is ridden in unusually wet or dusty areas
- 3. Service more frequently if the motorcycle is ridden often at full throttle or in the rain.
- 4. California type only.
- 5. Replace every 2 years, or at indicated odometer interval, whichever comes first. Replacement requires mechanical skill.
Tyre size and tyre pressure for the Honda VTX1300S
The Honda VTX1300S has the following tyres and tyre sizes standard:
- Front: 140/80-17M/C 69H
- Rear: 170/80-15M/C 77H
- Front: DUNLOP D404F
- Rear: DUNLOP K555J
The manual for the Honda VTX1300S recommends the following tyre pressures (when cold):
Up to 90kg (200lbs) load:
- Front: 32 psi (225 kPa, 2.25 kgf/cm2)
- Rear: 32 psi (225 kPa, 2.25 kgf/cm2)
Up to maximum weight capacity
- Front: 32 psi (225 kPa, 2.25 kgf/cm2)
- Rear: 36 psi (250 kPa, 2.50 kgf/cm2)
About the Honda VTX1300S
An all-new 1312cc liquid-cooled 52-degree V-twin engine delivers effortless, rumbling power. Offset cylinder design enhances the feeling of the VTX’s powerful engine, while two-axis primary balancers smooth away unpleasant vibrations.
Deeply balanced front and rear fenders, chrome-hooded headlight, broad fuel tank with tank-mounted instruments, semi-swept handlebar, and floorboards with heel-and-toe shifter create a classic retro style that sets the VTX apart from the competition.
Rider comfort is enhanced with comfortable ergonomics and a firmly padded saddle featuring a low, 686-millimeter seat-height. Staggered dual exhausts produce a pleasing, throaty exhaust note. Traditional spoke wheels and a fat, 140/80-17 front tire gives the VTX a commanding profile.
A complete line of bolt-on accessories and appearance items is available. Specially designed rider and passenger seats for all-day touring comfort. Rider’s seat boasts a low, 686mm seat height for confidence during low-speed maneuvers.
Tank-mounted chrome housing features a speedometer, odometer/ trip meter, and indicator lights for the turn signals, high beam, neutral indicator, oil pressure, and coolant temperature. Extensive chrome finishing of engine parts includes cylinder head covers, valve inspection covers, airbox cover, left crankcase cover, clutch cover, and left-rear engine cover.
Manual for the Honda VTX1300S
The above maintenance schedule comes directly from the user’s manual for the Honda VTX1300S.